As you may know, Valentina is an open-source software for creating clothing articles. Among others, it allows the users to create cloth patterns using either standard sizes or custom set of measurements, using traditional methods to create unique pattern tools.
Recently, Valentina 0.5.0 has been released, bringing the below changes:
- Fixed case with duplicate names of curves if they connect same points.
- Better powerful way creation curved path.
- Improved exporting to dxf. QPainterPath export as Polyline.
- Show additional message dialog if measurements was changed.
- Intersect Curves.
- Added language Chinese (China).
- New icon for VAL file. Updated Tape logo. Updated ico for standard measurements.
- Check pattern for inverse compatibility.
- Add ‘Open Recent’ option in Tape.exe, ‘File’ dropdown menu.
Up to date packages are available via some third party PPA, so installing the software on Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf, Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet, Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr, Linux Mint 17.x and Elementary OS 0.3 Freya systems is easy.
All you need to do is add the ppa to your system, update the local repository index and install the valentina package:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:dismine/valentina
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install valentina
If you want to remove valentina, do:
$ sudo apt-get remove valentina